Happy Learning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 1 task

+5
Sruthi sridharan
sowmiyap21
sriram.r
subbiksa
Admin
9 posters

Go down

Week 1 task Empty Week 1 task

Post by Admin Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:44 pm

Dear All,

Happy to meet you through forum.

Engage in discussion with your classmates about the importance of English language in your career and the initiatives a student should take to learn English.
Share one new word that you came across recently.

Open up!

Happy Learning.
Regards
Hanah Richard.
Signate Career Consultants

Admin
Admin

https://happyenglishlearnin1.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Week 1 task Empty FIRST TAKE- FIRST POST:)

Post by subbiksa Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:05 pm

HELLO EVERYONE!!
IT IS INDEED VERY FASCINATING TO USE THIS FORUM TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU ALL... Smile 
ENGLISH AS A LANGUAGE IS REALLY VITAL FOR ME AS A STUDENT BECAUSE,MY gre AS WELL AS
toefel EXAMS ARE PRIMARILY BASED ON IT.SO, IT DECIDES MY CAREER  SO THAT I CAN  CHOOSE A UNIVERSITY IN USA.
BASICALLY I FEEL THAT IT IS ALSO A BEAUTIFUL LANGUAGE AND IT IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED FOR ITS FLEXIBILITY.
YOU CAN EASILY SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH WHEN YOU START COMMUNICATING OR YOU COULD READ BOOKS,NEWSPAPERS,
WATCH GOOD FILMS...THE ONE WORD THAT I CAME ACROSS RECENTLY WAS CANOROUS WHICH MEANS RICHLY MELODIOUS...
EG: WHEN I SING IN THE SHOWER,MY VOICE TAKES ON A SURPRISINGLY CANOROUS TONE Smile ...SO HAPPY LEARNING!!Smile Very Happy  Very Happy 

A

subbiksa

Back to top Go down

Week 1 task Empty Re: Week 1 task

Post by sriram.r Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:36 pm

Hello friends,
Its our time to learn english happily, hats off to Hana mam for taking initiative in creating this and helping us other than our class hours..
The new word which I come across is "MIFFED" which means "TOTALLY UPSET". Smile 
Happy to share with you. Very Happy 

sriram.r

Back to top Go down

Week 1 task Empty very silent #sigh

Post by subbiksa Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:52 pm

silent  why is this forum very silent?? come on people!! open up!! Rolling Eyes

subbiksa

Back to top Go down

Post by sowmiyap21 Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:13 pm

Hi friends,
First of all I thank Hanah mam for creating such a wonderful opportunity to share our thoughts.I think English plays a vital role in our career.as it is an universal language we all have to at least some basics of English. We can take some initiatives like reading newspapers regularly,watching English news & movies & reading some good books.we can also converse in English with our friends.
Happy English....

sowmiyap21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sruthi sridharan Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:42 pm

Hi friends...
I thank our Hannah mam for her new idea..she takes so much of care to improve our communicatve skills.English is very important language as it is universal language we should definitely have knowledge in it moreover everyone expect a professional should speak proper english...there are many ways to improve our skills and mam you use a very good and interactive method.I am eager to know more things from you....

Sruthi sridharan

Back to top Go down

Post by subbiksa Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:44 am

hello everyone!!
To improve our english ,we could also use our very own "mobile phone"......
Today,mobiles come up with millions of apps daily to improve the way we look
at the language!! Or to make the language fun, we can even play some games
to learn a few words daily like the "HANGMAN", "CROSS-WORDS","WORDS IN WORD",
"SPELLBEE" ... this will ensure that we learn some words and stick to them because
we never forget anything that was fun!! Very Happy Very Happy

subbiksa

Back to top Go down

Post by Shanmathi Manisekaran Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi friends,
First i like to thank our hanah mam for creating this interactive forum to improve ourselfs and also help others to improve....
English is an international language which help us to communicate with every people around this world... In career it is very much important to communicate with every people... Good communication makes us perfect and boost confidence... This confidence will surely help us reach great position in our career... So lets boost our confidene by hearing english news,learning books etc... Please i want you all to take up learning and listening task form ielts preparation... Allen preparation is so good.. U can download it in ur mobile... It gives reason for correct and wrong answers... From this we can learn many things..
The new word which i learned reacently is hegemony. It means dominating others due to influence...

Shanmathi Manisekaran

Back to top Go down

Post by subha Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:16 pm

I feel very happy to use this forum because it helps us to share our thoughts regarding communicative skills.English is the professional language which is needed for our career life.I thank Hannah mam who helps to develop our skill through this forum.To learn English we should read the daily newspaper especially"THE HINDU"...we should read 5 new words &meanings daily.The new word I learned today is Abhorrent It is an adj word meaning Hateful.
Thank you mam 

subha

Back to top Go down

Week 1 task Empty Week 1 discussion

Post by Santhosh Bharathi Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:16 pm

A forum to make learning english happy..
Thanks ma'am for this opportunity to participate in this forum.
I think watching english movies(myself with subtitles) would help to speak native english speaker
Also to know new english words.
Ma'am,will it be a better way to learn english?
I also read The Hindu daily. It also helps to know new english words along know happenings.

Santhosh Bharathi

Back to top Go down

Post by saravana96 Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:53 am

New word :selfie

--- Recently added to oxford dictionary ---

A selfie is a self-portrait photograph, typically taken with a hand-held digital camera or camera phone. Selfies are often shared on social networking services such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Tumblr. They are often casual, and are typically taken either with a camera held at arm's length or in a mirror.

saravana96

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down